- Stop by the Benefits & Wellness Fair
Join us from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. during College Community Days, Aug. 27-28 near the cafeteria to get a chair massage and meet representatives from GHC, WPS, Arise, Dean, Delta Dental, Employee Benefits Corp (EBC), UNUM, Family Service Madison, and UW Credit Union. Get an “express credit check-up” and learn more about financial fitness. Wellness coaches will also offer free biometric screenings (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) and share resources to support your health and well-being.
- Volunteer during Madison College Community Days
On Wednesday afternoon, Aug. 28, give back to the community while getting to know colleagues from different areas of the College. Over 200 indoor and outdoor volunteer opportunities are available. Sign up here.
- Get a free flu shot on campus
Save a trip to the clinic; free flu shots will be offered at all campuses. Employees must bring their health insurance card. Students must bring their OneCard.
- Truax Health Building: September 24, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Portage Campus: October 1, 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Reedsburg Campus: October 1, 1 - 3 p.m.
- Fort Atkinson Campus: October 2, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Watertown Campus: October 2, 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
- Truax Main Building: October 9-10, 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- South Campus: October 16, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Commercial Avenue Campus: October 16, 2 - 3 p.m.
- Earn Well Credits and win a prize
Win a Well Credits prize the first week of December. Download the Well Credits tracking form and submit it before Dec. 1 to win fabulous prizes.
- Try health & wellness coaching by video or in-person
Need help achieving a goal? One-on-one, confidential health and wellness coaching is designed to help you prioritize, create an action plan, and draw upon intrinsic motivation to meet your goals. If you are interested, please reply to this email.
- Join or create a walking group
- Create a walking group at your campus using these 1-mile measured walking routes. If you are at Truax, join the walking group at 12 p.m. on Wednesdays – meet at the grand staircase in the Gateway main entrance.
- Join the Madison College School of Health Education Team for the Madison Heart Walk on Saturday, Oct. 5. Walking is free, running is $40.
- Join a healthy eating challenge
- Bright Line Eating 14-Day Challenge: Contact Lisa Lanting to get free access to this challenge. A 10-week boot camp is also available for those who have completed the 14-day challenge.
- Healthy Eating Coaching Sessions: Originally this was a group coaching session for Bright Line Eating, but we expanded it to include others who are following intermittent fasting, Whole 30, and other healthy eating plans. Wednesdays, 2 - 2:30 p.m., via Zoom webcast - use this Zoom link
- Holiday Challenge: Eat Smart, Move More, Maintain, Don’t Gain - This seven-week challenge, Nov. 18 - Dec. 31, provides strategies and resources to help maintain your weight throughout the holiday season. Stay tuned for more information coming in October.
- Attend a wellness workshop or training
These will be available soon on the Madison College Learn site. Contact me if you’d like me to bring these to your class or department meeting.
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training
- Biofeedback and Tactical Breathing Workshop
- Life Hacks for Stress Workshop
- Practice yoga and meditation
These free drop-in sessions will start the week of Sept. 9 - no registration required.
- View recordings of monthly wellness webinars
Register for upcoming webinars here. Or view the full archive of past webinars here.
- Gentle Yoga, Tuesdays, 4:45 - 5:45 p.m., Room 131, Health Education Building
- Gentle Yoga, Fridays, 12:15 - 12:45 p.m., Room B2213, Truax
- Guided Meditation, Mondays, 12 - 12:30 p.m., Room 131, Health Education Building
- New! Guided Meditation, Thursdays, 12 - 12:30 p.m., via Zoom webcast - use this Zoom link
- Stay tuned for dates at other campuses
Published August 26, 2019.