New Wellness Opportunities:
2. Join the six-week weight loss kick start program with health coaching that starts Wednesday, May 1. This is open to 20 people from all campus locations and includes a Bright Line Eating 14-day challenge that eliminates sugar, addictive foods and beverages. This challenge helps create new healthy habits for life. Learn more and sign up here.
3. Attend a QPR training to gain tools and resources to help distressed students and prevent suicide. QPR stands for Question, Persuade, Refer. To register, search for “QPR” on the Madison College Learn site. The available trainings are:
· Wednesday, April 24, 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Room C2406, Truax (a few seats still open)
· Thursday, May 30, 12:30 p.m.-2 p.m., Room C2447, Truax
4. Attend a Life Hacks for Stress workshop to learn easy techniques to “hack” the body’s stress response to feel resilient under pressure. These techniques can be used in classrooms and daily life. The available trainings are:
· Tuesday, April 9, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Room E1874, Truax. Register via Entrepreneurship Center. (a few seats still open)
· Thursday, April 25, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Room 111, Reedsburg. Email Sherry Cunningham to sign up.
· Tuesday, April 30, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Room 102, Portage. Email Portage Office to sign up.
· Wednesday, May 1, noon-1 p.m., Room 157, Fort Atkinson. Email Danielle Ralston to sign up.
· Wednesday, May 22, 9 a.m.-10:30 a.m., Room B3227, Truax. Register via Madison College Learn.
· Thursday, May 30, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m., Room C2447, Truax. Register via Madison College Learn.
· Two Tuesdays, July 23 & 30, 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m., Room 113, Foundation Centre. Register for Continuing Education class number 11229 via the course catalog.
5. Try yoga for stress relief which includes gentle movements and breathing exercises that regulate the nervous system. No sweating or twisting into pretzels - just wear comfortable work clothes. The following yoga sessions are available:
· Tuesdays until May 14, 4:45 p.m.-5:45 p.m., Room 131, Health Building, Truax. Drop in - no registration required.
· Fridays until May 17, 12:15 p.m.-12:45 p.m., Room B2213, Truax. Drop in - no registration required.
· Tuesday, April 16, 11 a.m.-noon, Room 157, Fort Atkinson. Email Danielle Ralston to sign up.
· Tuesday, May 21, 1 p.m.-1:30 pm, Room B2213, Truax. Register via Madison College Learn.
· Friday, May 31, 2:15 p.m.-2:45 p.m., Room B2213, Truax. Register via Madison College Learn.
6. Learn to meditate in a six-week, Intro to Meditation, class offered over the summer, Mondays, 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m., July 22-August 26, Truax. Register for this Continuing Education (class number 11228) via the course catalog.
7. Walk for breast cancer research Saturday, June 8, with the Madison College team at the Susan G. Komen “More than Pink” Walk. The cost is $25 and fundraising is not mandatory. Register here with the team name “Madison College.”
Ongoing Wellness Opportunities:
8. Win a Well Credits prize the first week of May. Download the Well Credits tracking form and submit it before Wednesday, May 1, to win fabulous prizes. Forms received after Wednesday, May 1, will be saved until December’s prize drawing.
Published April 8, 2019.