Matters is evolving
Beginning on Friday, Dec. 20, your Matters experience will be new and improved. You will find internal news stories and upcoming events on the new SharePoint intranet; the place employees will go to start their workday.
Why are we changing?
Last winter, we began researching internal communications by surveying and interviewing many employees around our entire college. One of the common themes we heard from you was a need for a more modern experience with Matters, your main source of internal news.
What is changing?
Taking your feedback to heart, here are some of the key changes and improvements we are making to Matters:
- It will be mobile-friendly.
- It will be easier to find news stories and events with information organized into categories and calendars.
- You will still receive Matters by email, but the format will be different.
- The email format will also be mobile-friendly.
- We will continue sending MWF, then ask for your feedback after time.
- It will include just a few stories from the intranet and a link to go to the full site.
- There will be a new process when you submit news articles or events. If we need to edit your submission, you will review and approve our edits before we publish to ensure we haven’t inadvertently changed your intent.
- Matters will be housed in Employee Learning & Organizational Development (ELOD) within Human Resources.
- We plan to build a holistic system of internal communications, beginning with Matters.
- This move allows Marketing and Strategic Communications to focus wholly on external audiences in their day-to-day work.
When will you see the new look?
We will post a special edition Matters during the week of Monday, Dec. 9, with a short sneak preview for you.
Please reach out to Kristin Polywacz if you have questions in the meantime.
Published November 25, 2019.