The CARES Title III Project (CT3) is a five-year initiative to expand advising resources, enhance technology and improve student success. This project requires student feedback to be effective. The project needs students from a range of programs and campuses to join the Student Advisory Committee. These students will help CT3 better understand the student experience and how to boost success.
Listed below are the details of committee service:
Benefits to students who serve on the committee:
- Affect real change for themselves and future students
- Develop leadership and interpersonal skills
- Great networking opportunity and resume builder
- Students will be paid and receive free lunch for each meeting attended
- Provide feedback on a variety of topics related to CT3 project initiatives such as advising resources, technology upgrades, career exploration, etc
- Share thoughts on specific strategies for reaching and creating useful tools for all students
- Serve as a liaison, as appropriate, between the CT3 Leadership Team and student body
- Provide feedback on CT3’s student promotional awareness and communications plan
- Test new technical tools and review new services before these are announced and implemented across all campuses. Only a few members are required for this role.
- Meet four to six times during the school year.
- RSVP for each meeting
- Respectfully share opinions based on individual and collective experiences of students
- For those selected, be available to conduct user testing throughout the year
- Submit a completed application with a brief staff or faculty recommendation
Meeting Structure and Compensation:
- The CT3 Student Advisory Committee will meet two to three times each semester
- Meetings will be the third Friday of the month, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. The first meeting is Oct. 18.
- Students will receive $20 stipend and lunch for each meeting attended
- A small number of students will be needed for testing. Individuals testing will receive an additional $10.50 per hour. Specific details will be given at meetings
The application deadline is Friday, October 4. Completed applications can be emailed or returned to the Career and Employment Center, Room D1624, Truax main building.
For questions Contact Amber Buschmann at 608.243.4531 or the CT3 Project Team.
Published September 23, 2019.