Madison College has updated the Employee Handbook (Handbook), which applies to all employees of the College. The Handbook is a helpful resource that answers many questions about employment with the college.
Please note there are many links throughout the Handbook to documents and internal and public web pages. If the names of the links to web pages or documents are changed, then the links in the Handbook will break. Employees should send an email to the Employee Handbook if they notice any broken links or if they are changing anything that will cause a link in the Handbook to break so it can be updated immediately.
The Handbook provides general information to all employees as well as specific information depending on your employment type (i.e., part-time faculty, full-time faculty, paraprofessional and school-related personnel, and administrative staff). In addition, wherever possible, the Handbook provides links to specific policies and web pages for the most updated information.
The following updates have been made to the Handbook:
- New cover
- Message from the President
- Definition of faculty under Employee Types
- Domestic Partner benefit given change in law effective 4/1/18
- Life Insurance waiting period has been eliminated for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance phone number. New provider effective 1/1/18 is Family Service Madison
- Hours to clarify breaks and lunch breaks
- Overtime policy effective 2/18/18
- Pay and deductions information
- Compensation philosophy
- Recruitment and general hiring of personnel
- Language under Performance Appraisals
- Hold Harmless information that is consistent with approved policy intent and is compliant with the law
- Employee Change Notifications
- Outsourcing policy
- Layoff policy
- Transfer and Promotion policy
- Use of facilities policy
- Employee Development information
- Conflict Resolution Process and grievance procedure
- Performance Improvement Plan
- Progressive discipline
- Floating Holiday – Full-time faculty receive one floating holiday per year; this functionality has been implemented in Workday
- Short-term substitute time off
- Donation of paid time off
- Union time off section; heading changed to Release Time Off for Represented Activities
- Union leave of absence section; heading changed to Civic Responsibility Leave of Absence
To view the Handbook, go to the Employee Handbook.
For any questions, suggestions for improvement, or to report broken links, please send an email to the Employee Handbook.
Published February 9, 2018. Updated February 14, 2018.