Greetings, faculty, staff and administrators:
As fall approaches, many of us are looking forward to the change of season and what it brings: autumn colors, pumpkin-flavored everything and the year-end holidays. This year, when you reflect on the good things in life, I hope you feel gratitude and happiness.
It’s in this spirit that I ask you to join us in helping our students, community and colleagues by joining the Madison College Combined Charitable Campaign Strategy Team. We need people with miles of heart to go the distance in raising funds for this year’s campaign.
Strategy team member responsibilities include:
- Attending roughly five one-hour meetings between late September and December
- Spreading the message about campaign efforts
- Volunteering at fundraising events
- Sharing your ideas
- Recruiting colleagues to participate
- Acting as an ambassador for the campaign
This year’s campaign includes several exciting changes. We’re happy to share that the Madison College Foundation is now a campaign designee. This means that employees can now donate to specific scholarships such as Scholars of Promise, your own department’s fund, or simply allow the Foundation to allocate your gift for you.
As nearly 80 percent of last year’s donations went to two of the previous five umbrella organizations, the recipient list has evolved to include:
- NEW! Madison College Foundation
- Community Health Charities
- United Way of Dane County
- NEW! United Way of (your home) County
- NEW! Write in the name of a charity to which you’ve previously given. (A list will be provided on madisoncollege.edu/ccc.)
The campaign will kick off in October with our “Cutest Pet Contest.” In November, we’ll host the “Give Thanks” event, which includes raffles, root beer floats and giveaways. And watch for our online auction in December. Last year’s auction hosted more than 80 items and raised nearly $3,000.
Lend your talents to the Combined Charitable Campaign Strategy Team and help pave a path toward raising both funds and increasing community engagement. As our campaign tagline states, “Give a Little, Help a Lot.” Please contact me to learn more.
Senior Marketing & Operations Liaison
& Combined Charitable Campaign Chair
Communications and Strategic Marketing
Published September 18, 2017. Updated September 20, 2017.