Madison College Faculty and Staff,
The following business was conducted during the April 5, 2017, meeting of the Madison College District Board. Visit the Madison College District Board page to access the complete meeting agenda and supporting documents.
Capital Projects Borrowing
The Board adopted a resolution awarding the sale of $4,235,00 in general obligation promissory notes to Hutchinson, Shockey, Erley & Co. These funds will finance the acquisition of moveable equipment and technology ($2.735 million) and building remodeling and improvement projects ($1.5 million).
New Program Approval – Risk Management and Insurance Technical Diploma
The Board approved the expansion of the current certificate program to a technical diploma. The expansion will expose students to broader topics such as business organization, marketing and finance.
The Board approved the naming of the Tommy G. Thompson Health Simulation Center in the Health Education Building by TGT Charity Inc. and The New American Policy Institute, Inc.
The Board approved the following budget-related items:
- Fiscal Year 2016-17 Budget Amendment
- Fiscal Year 2017-18 Student Help Pay Rate
- Establishment of May 3, 2017, as the annual budget public hearing for the proposed Fiscal Year 2017-18 budget
Consent Agenda – All Items Approved
- General fund financial report as of February 28, 2017
- Request for proposals/request for bids/sole sources
- Supplier payments greater than or equal to $2,500, and schedule of checks issued for the period February 16, 2017, through March 15, 2017
- Employment of personnel
- Resignations and Separations
Jack E. Daniels, Ph.D.
Published April 12, 2017.