Madison College Early Childhood Education students are working in cooperation with Women, Infants and Children (WIC) to support breastfeeding in child care centers and other workplace locations. WIC has received a grant that is allowing them to assist centers in how to establish a breastfeeding-friendly environment.
Our students have been trained by WIC on what makes a breast feeding friendly environment and to present this information with their practicum sites and workplaces.
Published March 24, 2017. Updated July 7, 2017.
The total enrollment headcount for all campuses in the 2015-16 academic year was 37,164 students. Below is a breakdown for each campus.
- Truax — 20,801
- DTEC — 5,409
- Commercial Ave — 1,857
- Madison South — 999
- Madison West — 3,727
- Fort Atkinson — 1,329
- Portage — 1,232
- Reedsburg — 1,387
- Watertown — 1,097
- Other — 1,844
- Online — 7,886
Published January 13, 2017. Updated July 7, 2017.
The main Truax building measures 1,000 feet from the west face of the Gateway stair to the east face of stair E.
Just how long is 1,000 feet?
- 117 feet longer than the Titanic (883').
- 92 feet shorter than a Nimitz class aircraft carrier (1,092').
- 14 feet longer than the Eiffel Tower (986'), if the Eiffel Tower was lying sideways.
- Approximately 75 times longer than a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle (13.33').
- .00000000000003221738542107 light years.
Published November 18, 2016.
Did you know that screen readers (e.g. Kurzweil) cannot read Blackboard tests unless each answer has a number or letter before it?
A screen reader cannot read:
1. What day is it today?
A screen reader can read:
1. What day is it today?
Blackboard tests, contact the Blackboard Mentors or CETL at 608-246-6646.
Published October 10, 2016.
Below is a list of easy steps to take when submitting your story to Matters:
1. Click the “Submit Your Story” link on the homepage of the Matters website, which is located in the bottom right corner.
2. Enter your contact information, including your name, email address and phone number.
3. Under the “Story Information” section, you may write or copy and paste your story in the blank field. Also, choose the publication date for the date you wish your story to be published.
4. The “Additional Questions/Comments” field may obtain any additional information you want us to know about your article, as well as questions you want answered by the Matters team. We will send you a quick reply if any questions arise.
5. You may also attach a word document, pdf file or image in the “Attachments” section. Please provide an image with your story.
After we have received your submission, the Matters team will edit content, grammar and style according to the Associated Press Stylebook. Please limit your submission to 250 words. Content of each article should be of interest to Madison College faculty and staff. Items regarding special events will be published only if they are sanctioned by Madison College or directly benefit our students.
The Matters newsletter is published on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (unless there is a holiday).
Our deadlines include:
- Friday by noon for Monday stories
- Tuesday by noon for Wednesday stories
- Thursday by noon for Friday stories
Please note that Matters is managed by the Communications and Strategic Marketing interns. Please do not email other employees in this department requesting that your story be submitted.
Published August 7, 2016. Updated December 6, 2017.
There are 122 pieces of new kitchen equipment and 242 new doors being installed in the culinary addition. The project is comprised of 50,000 square feet of new space, and 50,000 square feet of remodeled space. This is a continuation of the updated and expanded Truax Campus, a project Findorff started planning with Madison College in 2010.
Also, more than 30 field staff working on the project graduated from or took a class at Madison College.
Published August 3, 2016. Updated July 7, 2017.
The existing site of the Truax Campus sits on land that was formerly part of the Truax Air Force base, originally called the Madison Army Airfield. This base was first activated in June of 1942 during World War II. It was renamed Truax Field after Lieutenant Thomas L. Truax, who died in a flight training.
Published July 29, 2016. Updated July 7, 2017.
Do you know...
The Center for International Education has supported more than 750 international students since it was first established in the Fall of 2008. Typically, about 70 new international students are enrolled each Fall and Spring semester, and about 40 graduate or transfer out each semester. These facts alone show the amount of diversity here at Madison College.
Follow this link for more fun facts and statistics about our international students.
Published July 27, 2016. Updated July 29, 2016.
The Center for Printing Arts (CFPA) will be selling handmade goods Tuesday, May 3, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Wednesday, May 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday's sale will be held in the hall by the bookstore (or in the cafeteria if there is construction) and Wednesday's will be held in the Gateway.
There will be many things to purchase — tote bags, cards, prints, window sill garden kits, wrapping paper, Mother's Day cards, calendars, notebooks, tablets and more. Proceeds of the sales will go to support students and help cover printing materials costs.
Come shop, find unique goods and support printing arts students!
Published May 2, 2016.