Below is a list of easy steps to take when submitting your story to Matters:
1. Click the “Submit Your Story” link on the homepage of the Matters website, which is located in the bottom right corner.
2. Enter your contact information, including your name, email address and phone number.
3. Under the “Story Information” section, you may write or copy and paste your story in the blank field. Also, choose the publication date for the date you wish your story to be published.
4. The “Additional Questions/Comments” field may obtain any additional information you want us to know about your article, as well as questions you want answered by the Matters team. We will send you a quick reply if any questions arise.
5. You may also attach a word document, pdf file or image in the “Attachments” section. Please provide an image with your story.
After we have received your submission, the Matters team will edit content, grammar and style according to the Associated Press Stylebook. Please limit your submission to 250 words. Content of each article should be of interest to Madison College faculty and staff. Items regarding special events will be published only if they are sanctioned by Madison College or directly benefit our students.
The Matters newsletter is published on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (unless there is a holiday).
Our deadlines include:
- Friday by noon for Monday stories
- Tuesday by noon for Wednesday stories
- Thursday by noon for Friday stories
Please note that Matters is managed by the Communications and Strategic Marketing interns. Please do not email other employees in this department requesting that your story be submitted.
Published August 7, 2016. Updated December 6, 2017.