The recent retirement of Terrie Thorstad, who served as director of Auxiliary Services for 21 years, prompts several staffing changes in the Food Services unit of Madison College.
- Jason Walker, who served as Executive Chef, has been named Food Services Manager
- David Dorst has been promoted from Sous Chef to Executive Chef
- Brad Kahn remains Dining Room Manager-Food Services
- Lisa Hunter and Andrew Vaklyes have been promoted to Assistant Sous Chef positions
- Caitlyn Clark has been named Administrative Planner for Administrative Services
The college will not be hiring a Director of Auxiliary Services. Walker, who joined the college in 2008, will report directly to the Vice President of Administration/Chief Financial Officer Mark Thomas. Walker is a graduate of Johnson and Wales University Culinary Arts Program and has worked in the Madison area for 20-plus years. His experience includes employment at Quivey’s Grove, Fyfe’s Corner Bistro and Sub-Zero/Wolf.
Dorst, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, has been employed by Madison College Food Services since 2017. Prior to that, he was employed by local establishments Marigold Kitchen, Crema Café and Off Broadway Drafthouse.
Published July 9, 2018.