Staff are still needed for the 2018 Learning to Learn (L2L) Camp during the week of Aug. 20-24. The L2L Camp week is part of an accelerated College Success course that supports students as they enter into college. Incoming Scholars of Promise students, AVID/TOPS students, and students in the Early College STEM Academy will be attending the camp.
Mandatory commitment dates:
- New staff training—Thursday, Aug. 16
- All-staff meeting—Friday, Aug. 17
- Learning to Learn Camp—Aug. 20-24
Mentors, assessors and facilitators are needed for the camp. Below is a brief description of these roles:
- Mentor: Leads students in the classroom, acts as a coach to encourage and motivate the students to perform at a higher academic and social level
- Facilitator: Teaches college and life skills that lead students to academic and personal success
- Assessor: Gives written feedback on academic and personal levels
All Madison College employees are welcome and may be eligible to receive a stipend of $100 per day. Faculty have the option to forgo the stipend to earn credit in three categories of the Faculty Quality Assurance System Continuing Professional Development (Student Success, Instructional Effectiveness and College and Strategic Interests).
Contact Laurie Beardsley at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Published May 21, 2018. Updated July 9, 2018.