Please consider participating in one of these activities to honor survivors and support victims of sexual assault. Encourage your students to participate too.
· Clothesline Project: Decorate a paper t-shirt as a silent exhibit of those affected by sexual assault found at the Student Development and Retention front desk (across from the cafeteria).
· Go Teal Fridays: Wear teal clothing or a teal ribbon on any Friday in April to help raise awareness of sexual assault.
· Wednesday, April 4: Tabling for the Cause. Resource fair with community providers to share information about available services. Located by the front desk of Student Development and Retention (across from the cafeteria).
· Tuesday, April 10 AND Monday, April 16: Bystander Intervention Training. Learn how you can actively help prevent incidents before they occur and help to keep your friends safe. Located in Foundation room 113 10:15-11:15 each day.
· Friday, April 23: Changing the Culture. Presentation including statistics, definitions, discussions of consent, and how to support a survivor. Segments about rape culture and bystander intervention will be covered. Located at Truax room D2634 from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Another resource is the The Take a Stand, Stop Sexual Violence training series, a key component of Madison College’s coordinated community response to end sexual violence on our campus.
Published March 26, 2018. Updated April 30, 2018.