The Madison College Campus Community Team and Technology Services will be upgrading the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment to the latest release of version 9.2. This major upgrade is mandatory before our current version becomes unsupported by the vendor. Technology Services has a target implementation date of Friday, March 9, 2018.
There will be a Development Freeze from Dec. 22, through March 23, 2018.
- To keep the systems in sync and control the scope of the upgrade, there is a development freeze to the PeopleSoft application beginning Friday, Dec. 22, through March 23, 2018
What does this freeze mean to me?
- You will not be able to change or create new queries - However, existing queries can be ran to access data during this time
- You will not be able to change or add to existing functionality - No additions or changes to PeopleSoft components in 9.0 or 9.2
What are the exceptions to the development freeze?
- Regulatory and statutory changes are required to be in production before the PeopleSoft version 9.2 is active on March 9
- Operational support issues affecting students or impacting financials, which do not have a viable workaround
- Operational support issues involving performance improvements
- Data can be queried during the freeze
When incidents and project requests are received during this time, the PeopleSoft staff will apply an analysis to requests determining if it needs immediate action, or if it can wait until after the update is implemented.
The look and feel of PeopleSoft will be changing with the implementation. Look for more updates as the project moves along including snapshots of the new PeopleSoft 9.2 and training opportunities to learn the new environment.
If you have any questions regarding the freeze or the project, email PeopleSoft Upgrade. Thank you for your support.
Published December 13, 2017. Updated December 14, 2017.