Nationally recognized trainer Linda Jacoby from Minnesota State University, Mankato, will return to Madison College to facilitate the "Improving Your Online Course" (IYOC) workshop. Past workshops by Linda have been well-received by faculty.
A choice of two face-to-face, four-hour sessions will be held Thursday, Aug. 28. Each session will include food and dialog with peers:
- Session 1: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Session 2: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
The IYOC training is open to all online faculty and is ideal for faculty who already have developed online courses, as faculty use their own courses as the basis for which to apply the Quality Matters Rubric standards.
At the IYOC workshop, participants gain an understanding of the Quality Matters (QM) process, compile examples of best practices in online courses, gather specific ideas to improve their courses and gain affirmation of their courses' strengths.
Throughout the workshop, each participant works on applying the Quality Matters standards to his or her previously developed, online course.
Upon completion of the IYOC workshop, faculty and staff will be able to:
- Identify the standards of the Quality Matters Rubric as crucial components of a quality online course and explain each standard’s intention.
- Use the QM Rubric to review your online course.
- Identify the areas of your online course that map to each of the QM Rubric standards and indicate whether each area is exemplary or may need modification.
- Develop a course improvement/modification plan that includes the areas of the course that you plan to modify, a description of how to modify each of these areas, a list of resources and a timeline for making these modifications.
Registration is available on the CETL website > Professional Development Workshops > Improving Your Online Course (choose morning or afternoon session)
Published August 18, 2014.