Winners of the Spring 2019 Honors Program Competition are listed below:
- Andrew Allison “Controlled Nitrous Application”
- Program or Discipline: Automotive Technician
- Supervising Faculty Member: David Heinzen
- Allison created a module compatible with an unmodified engine and primary control
module that applies nitrous when correct parameters are satisfied.
- Jerusha Hassell “Gymnastics Gym Business Plan”
- Program or Discipline: Accounting
- Supervising Faculty Member: Theresa Laws-Dahl
- Hassell designed a business plan to open, operate and maintain a gymnastics gym.
- Alicia Pliner “Dancilates!”
- Program or Discipline: Physical Education
- Supervising Faculty Member: Jill Jenks
- Pliner developed a 16-week fitness curriculum for Madison College. To create the curriculum, Pliner reviewed research in the fitness literature on progression, periodization, safety and technique.
The winners received trophies, cash prizes ($300, $200, or $100) and an all expenses paid trip to the regional conference to present their Honors Projects.