The Madison College Chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society participated in the Wisconsin Regional Convention last weekend at Northcentral Technical College in Wausau.
Awards won by the Madison College chapter include:
- 5-Star rating in the chapter development plan (highest rating). Eighth straight year at this level (5-Star rating since 2011).
- Brooke Slinde was awarded regional third place as Distinguished Chapter Member.
- College Project won first place in the region.
- Honors in Action project won second place overall.
- Madison College is Most Distinguished Chapter in Wisconsin (first place) for the second straight year.
- Katrina Willis, Chapter VP of Scholarship, won first in the prepared speech competition. She will compete at annual convention in Orlando.
- Brittany Campbell, Chapter Madison Metro Campus representative, won in the impromptu speech contest and will compete at the annual convention in Orlando.
- Brittany Campbell was also elected as the Regional President for the 2019-2020 academic year and will start her term at the summer Chapter Leadership Academy.
- Andrew Allison, Chapter VP of Fellowship, was announced as All-USA Academic Team winning a $5,000 scholarship, as well as 2019 New Century Workforce Pathway Scholar, which includes a $1,250 scholarship.
- Finally, based on chapter leaders’ nomination, Marty Crabbs was recognized with a Distinguished Advisor award.
Published March 11, 2019.