The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) has launched a new Facebook page to offer faculty, staff and administrators more opportunities to share ideas and learn more about what CETL has to offer.
CETL's mission is to "foster the systematic growth and development of the Madison College Community," and the new Facebook presence will help them communicate and grow this community by:
- Ensuring shared best practices in learning and teaching.
- Offering dynamic, service oriented, integrated support to all employees for the improvement of learning.
- Facilitating change processes that provide dynamic, integrated support for the continuous improvement of learner Centered education.
- Facilitating scholarship, research and evidence in alignment with institutional planning and growth.
- Acting as a catalyst for cultural change within the Madison College Community.
- Providing resources through physical and virtual means.
Stop by, check out what's happening with CETL and "like" the page to connect and to stay involved.
For more information, call 608) 246-6646 or email CETL.
On Monday, Jan. 5, as part of the Blackboard Learning System Term Course Retention Procedure, Fall term 2012 (_1134) term course shells and older will be deleted from Blackboard.
This message is to alert you to any of your Blackboard term shells that will begin deletions on Monday, Jan. 5.
If you need help retaining course content that is being deleted, please contact Nancy Woodward in CETL to make an appointment.
- Term course shell - A term course shell is created for single term use. An example of a term course shell would be those created for fall 2010, which have a term identifier of _1114 appended to the course ID. A term course shell is created for each term that Blackboard is used for a course and will automatically receive daily updates of student enrollment rosters. A term course shell is the only course shell that includes student enrollments.
- Master course shell - A master course shell is created in Blackboard as a template to copy to term course shells. A master shell is for development use only and will not receive student rosters.
- Other course shell - An “other” course shell is created for department or program usage. Other course shell rosters must be maintained by the course shell owner. "Other “course shells will not automatically receive enrollments.
If you have any questions or need further assistance with your term course shells before they are deleted, please feel free to contact the Madison College Help Desk at (608) 246-6666.
At this joyous time of year, we are grateful for our work with you. We wish you abundance, happiness and peace in a new year filled with hope. Happy holidays!
- Madison College Foundation staff
Tammy, Bob, Ruth, Mindy, Chad, Kelly, Mary, Marika
A Stress Reduction Workshop will be held today, Dec. 10, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Student Lounge. Learn about stress relieving self-care techniques.
Chair massage, Meditation and visualization and music therapy will be available.
Instructors, staff and students are welcome to drop in at any time.
On Saturday, Dec. 6, accounting instructor William Padley conducted a three-hour income tax training session for 25 University of Wisconsin Madison students who will be participating in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Free income tax preparation and electronic filing will once again be held on Tuesday afternoons beginning in late January 2015 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Truax campus for all eligible Madison College students and staff.
The Career and Employment Center is pleased to announce an upcoming employer visit from Menards. Please stop by the table in the cafeteria from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 11, to learn more about exciting career opportunities. Benjamin from Menards will be available to answer any questions.
If you missed the Fall Portfolio Show at the Truax Gallery on Dec. 3, you’re in luck. Bill Bessette from the Communications and Strategic Marketing Department took some photos of the event, which showcased work by students in Graphic Design and Illustration and Visual Communications.
The show will run in The Gallery through January.
The Career and Employment Center is pleased to announce an upcoming employer visit from Roundy's. Please stop by the table in the cafeteria from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 10, to learn about exciting career opportunities. Scott from Roundy's will be available to answer any questions.
The Career and Employment Center is pleased to announce an upcoming employer visit from Environment Control of Wisconsin. Please stop by the table in the cafeteria from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 11, to learn about exciting career opportunities. Joe from Environment Control of Wisconsin will be available to answer any questions.